US Dollar and Euro Current Accounts
The US Dollar and Euro Current Accounts are designed to complement your international lifestyle, you can access your money and manage your finances wherever you are in the world.
Get the international advantage
- Pay no transaction fee for purchases overseas in the currency of your linked account. Examples of when fees and charges may apply
- Transaction fee-free cash withdrawals overseas in the currency of your linked account, from a Citibank ATM. Examples of when fees and charges may apply
- Global access 24 hours a day, 365 days a year through CitiPhone and Citibank Online
- Free optional US Dollar cheque book with the US Dollar Current Account
- The convenience of not having to buy travellers' cheques and exchange currency before and after you travel
How it works
Simply open a US Dollar or Euro Current Account and transfer the money you want to use overseas into that account.
If you fund your account in a currency other than the one of your account these funds will be converted into the currency of the account (using Citibank reference exchange rates).
You can then withdraw funds and make purchases using your Citibank Visa DebitCard in either Dollars or Euros when overseas.
Pay no monthly fee if you hold a sterling Citibank Plus or Citigold Current Account or your foreign currency account holds an average monthly balance of £2,000 (in foreign currency equivalent) or more.
View the Citibank Plus and Citigold Current Account criteria. If you do not meet any of the criteria but would like to benefit from a Foreign Currency Account, a monthly fee of £5 per account will apply.