If you've received a new Citi Debit Card with the Mastercard® logo, here is everything you need to know
We are delighted to introduce Mastercard as our new debit card scheme provider.
Your new card offers all the functions you’re used to including cash withdrawals, card purchases, contactless payments and online and phone shopping, wherever you see the Mastercard logo. We’ve also added brand new benefits and security features.
- Your new card has a different card number, expiry date and 3-digit security code
- For online security, Verified by Visa will now be replaced by Mastercard® Securecode™
- Access to Mastercard® Priceless® Cities – unlock a wide range of experiences along with offers on the things that make life truly worthwhile, in destinations all around the world
What stays the same?
- Your bank account number and all Direct Debits and Standing Orders stay the same
- Citi Debit Card fees are unchanged - please see Citi Debit Card fees for more information
- Ability to make purchases in-store, online and over the phone at millions of locations worldwide
- Contactless payments of £30 or less in the UK*
- Your daily ATM cash withdrawals and purchase limits
- Citi Globeshopper is still available to all cardholders
* For information on contactless payment limits in other countries, please visit the Mastercard website for that country.
Update your card details
Your new Citi Debit Card has a different number and expiry date. It’s important to update these card details as soon as possible with any retailers who hold them, like Amazon, eBay or Google. Please don’t forget to update your card details for any regular payments set up against your card, such as monthly subscription payments to Spotify or Netflix. If you use PayPal you will also need to update your new card details with them.
Protect your online purchases with Mastercard® SecureCode™
Mastercard SecureCode uses One Time Passwords, which provides an easy way of identifying yourself to Citi Security when shopping online.
Once you enter your card details, Mastercard SecureCode may ask you to enter a six-digit One Time Password which will be sent by text from ‘Citibank’ to the mobile phone you have registered with us. This must be entered in the on-screen box to authenticate the purchase and help prevent card fraud.
Make sure we have your correct mobile number. As One Time Passwords are sent to you by text, it’s vital we have your up-to-date mobile number to ensure payments are authorised smoothly.
If you haven’t registered your mobile number with us, or if you think the number we have for you is out of date, please contact CitiPhone on 0800 00 55 00 to update your number, or +44 207 500 55 00 if calling from outside the UK.
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
I am currently registered for Verified by Visa. Do I have to register for Mastercard® SecureCode™?