Sending euros outside UK using SEPA
Sending euros outside UK using SEPA enable you to send Euros fee-free from your Citi UK bank account to anywhere within the Single European Payment Area.
Sending euros outside UK using SEPA are available across 32 countries in and around Europe.
See a full list of the participating SEPA Banking countries.
Sending euros outside UK using SEPA Features
- Send money up to 25000 GBP per day with no transaction fee for payments made via Citi Online or Citi Mobile® UK app
- Money sent via branch or with CitiPhone carry no transaction fee if you are a Citigold Private Client or if you hold a Citigold Current Account. There is a £5 fee per transaction if you have a Citi Plus Current Account and a £10 fee per transaction for all other Accounts.
- Sending euros outside UK using SEPA enable you to send money from your Citi UK bank account to any bank account in Europe
- No foreign exchange commission on sending euros from Citi Euro current and deposit accounts
- Euros sent within within the EEA will reach the destination account by the end of the next Banking Day (subject to our cut off times)
How to request a Citi Sending euros outside UK using SEPA
You can send euros outside UK using SEPA in 2 ways:
- Online – simply sign on to Citi Online to request your payment at any time, from your desktop, tablet or smartphone
- Or by phone – by calling CitiPhone
Available European destinations for SEPA transfers
(if the country you are looking for is not listed we cannot perform the transaction)
Please note there is a 3pm cut off time for same day processing. Requests received after this time will be processed the following Banking Day. As a general rule, Sending euros outside UK using SEPA may take 1 to 2 Banking Days to be credited to the beneficiary bank. Citi cannot guarantee the exact time taken as this depends on the local and intermediary bank systems.
- Czech Republic
- Slovak Republic
- United Kingdom
Citi clients click here to know more about how to transfer money online using Citi Online.