Citi is committed to communicating openly and honestly with all our clients. This includes making it easier for you to share the parts of your Citi experience that did not meet your expectations. We aim to achieve high standards in the service we provide and we want you to be completely satisfied with your relationship with us.
If you would like to make a complaint about a Citi product and/or service please follow the steps below to help us resolve your complaint. This feedback is valuable to us to improve the services we offer you.
How to contact us
You have two easy ways to communicate your complaints and suggestions to us:
Talk to us
In the first instance if you have a Relationship Manager please contact them to assist you with the concerns you have. Alternatively, and if you do not have a Relationship Manager, you can contact our Complaints Department on +44 207 986 5588, Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm UK time. If you are calling outside of this time, please contact Citiphone on 0800 00 55 00 (+44 207 500 5500 if calling from outside of the UK).
Write to us
If you prefer to put your complaint in writing, you can send a letter to the address below:
Level 10, Citigroup Centre 1
33 Canada Square
London E14 5LB
What happens next?
- We will acknowledge your complaint promptly, but no later than five business days from the date we have received your complaint.
- We will aim to resolve your complaint as quickly as possible and in line with the following regulatory time limits:
- For a payment related complaint, we will aim to issue you with a final response within 15 calendar days. In exceptional circumstances, where we cannot issue you with a final response within 15 calendar days, we may extend this period to 35 calendar days and we will contact you to explain where this may be the case.
- For a non-payment related complaint, we will aim to issue you with a final response within 56 calendar days.
- Where your complaint is part payment related and part non-payment related, whilst we will look to deal with all aspects of your complaint together, we will issue you a final response in accordance with the time-frames outlined above.
- The final response letter will tell you whether or not we have upheld your complaint, the details of any redress we propose to offer you and the reasoning behind our decision.
- If you are unhappy with our final response, or if we have been unable to provide you with one within the regulatory time limits stated above, you may seek the assistance of the relevant Ombudsman service:
- For UK resident clients the relevant Ombudsman is the UK Financial Ombudsman Service.
- For non-UK resident clients, you may apply to the UK Financial Ombudsman Service who may accept your complaint or refer you to the Irish Financial Services Ombudsman. You may also apply to the Irish Financial Services Ombudsman directly instead.
- Referrals to the Ombudsman must be done within six months (six years for the Irish Financial Services Ombudsman) of us sending you our final response regarding your complaint.
The data relates to the second half of 2019, July through December and includes the number of complaints opened in this period, the number closed within 3 days and 8 weeks, and the percentage of closed complaints that we upheld.
The Information is updated every six months, with the next update due by 31 August 2020.
Firm Name: Citibank Europe PLC
Period covered in report: 1 July – 31 December 2019
Brands/trading names covered: Citi IPB, Citi UK, Citi Private Bank, Diners.
*There are sometimes more complaints closed than opened, why is this?
The column entitled 'Number of complaints opened' shows the total number of complaints which were opened in the six month period. The column called 'Number of complaints closed' shows all the complaints which were closed in that same period and includes some complaints which were opened before this reporting period.
Contact details for the UK Ombudsman are:
Contact details for the Irish Financial Services and Pensions Ombudsman (FSPO) are:
Egg, CitiFinancial, Future Mortgages or Citi Card Payment Protection Insurance (PPI) Complaint Information
The PPI complaints deadline of 29 August 2019 has now passed. For more information please see our PPI Complaints Page.
Canada Square Operations has been appointed to deal with all customer correspondence on behalf Egg Banking plc, Future Mortgages Ltd and CitiFinancial Europe Ltd.