Transferring money to an overseas account outside Citigroup
A swift, secure and simple way to pay someone overseas. You can transfer money to an overseas account outside Citi using either a SEPA or SWIFT transfer.
- First, select Payments and Transfers from your My Citi dashboard.
- On the new page, click Make a Payment or Transfer.
- From the drop-down menu, select Make a transfer to an account with another bank outside of the UK (also known as SWIFT).
- Choose the From account you’re transferring from and select your To account (To specify your payee, select from any accounts you’ve added before, or choose to Make a Transfer to new payee)
- Select your transfer currency and amount. If you are making a transfer within the EU, the charge will be shared between the Payee and your account. If you are making a transfer outside the EU, please select the Charge Type
- Choose whether you want to pay immediately or on a future date. Alternatively, create a recurring payment.
- Add a short message to describe your payment.
- Choose whether to tick the box Would you like to save this payee? to add them to your payee list.
- Please note, when adding a new payee for the first time, you will receive a One Time Password on your Citi registered mobile number that must be entered to complete the transaction.
- Click NEXT and check the details of your transfer.
- All in order? Click CONFIRM, and the job is done.