SWIFT fund transfers
SWIFT (Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunications) Funds Transfers allow you to make international payments in a range of currencies from your Citi UK bank account worldwide.
Send money quickly and easily to bank accounts worldwide
SWIFT Funds Transfers Features
- Transfer up to £25,000 per day via Citi Online or Citi Mobile® UK app.
- Citigold Private Clients and Citigold clients can make up to 8 transaction fee free SWIFT transfers per month.
- Transfer fee of £15 for Citi Plus Current Account holders and £20 for all other Accounts if made with Citi Online or Citi Mobile® UK app.
- Transfer fee of £25 for Citi Plus Current Account holders and all other Accounts if made in branch or with CitiPhone.
What you need to make a SWIFT Funds Transfer
Please have the following information ready before you request a SWIFT Funds Transfer:
- The full name of the person or company you wish to pay
- The full name and branch address of the destination bank
- The BIC (Bank’s Identifier Code) or SWIFT code, plus the account number (or IBAN for European accounts) of the account to which you are transferring funds. You will need to ask the payee for this information
- The Intermediary bank name and BIC or SWIFT code (if applicable)
- The amount and currency you wish to transfer
- ABA number, sort code or BSB routing code (if applicable)
- Payment reference (if required)
How to request a Citi SWIFT Funds Transfer
You can make a SWIFT Funds Transfer in 3 ways:
- Online – simply sign on to Citi Online to request your payment at any time, from your desktop, tablet or smartphone
- Or by phone – by calling Citi Phone
- Or in the Citigold Lounge if you are Citigold or Citigold Private Client
Please note there is a 3pm cut off time for same day processing.
Requests received after this time will be processed the following Banking Day. As a general rule, international funds transfers may take 1 to 5 Banking Days to be credited to the beneficiary bank. Citi cannot guarantee the exact time taken as this depends on the local and intermediary bank systems.
Citi exchange rates apply to transfers across currencies