To give you complete peace of mind when you use our services, we’re constantly updating and improving our security procedures. We have a wide variety of measures in place to keep you and your information safe:
Dedicated Security Team
- Our dedicated Security Team is there to investigate new technologies, monitor activity and respond promptly to any security issues.
- Whether you call us or we call you, we always verify who you are before giving any account information over the phone. We will never ask you to divulge your ATM PIN, any One Time Passwords that we send you or your Citibank Online credentials.
- Our Fraud team works 24*7, monitoring transactions to ensure you’re protected against debit card fraud and any attempt to take over your account.
- We provide a 2 Way SMS service that allows us to alert you of any suspicious transaction on your account. If you receive such an SMS from us, you should inform us if the transaction is authorised by you or not by following the relevant instructions in the SMS. It is important that we have your updated mobile number so that you can receive these alerts relating to your accounts.
- All Citi Debit Cards are eligible for Verified by Visa or Mastercard® Securecode™, which protects your card against unauthorised use and gives peace of mind when shopping online.
- The Citi Alerting Service can notify you by email or text message when a significant change or transaction takes place on your account
- Our 128-bit SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption engine provides industry standard levels of security, ensuring your information can’t be read by anyone else.
- The green address bar on Citi websites is an Extended Validation SSL Certificate, indicating clearly that the site has undergone extensive vetting by our security teams.
- For safety, we suspend your online access if three failed login attempts are made, and block access to cash machines if the wrong PIN is entered three times.
- Every time you sign in to Citi Online, we display the date and time of your last visit. If you didn't sign in then, you'll know there has been unauthorised account access.
- Your online account will log off automatically if left inactive for more than 5 minutes.
- For sensitive online transactions, such as funds transfers, we may send a One Time Password to your mobile phone to help confirm your identity.
- Secure Firewalls - The computer servers that run Citibank sites are protected by firewalls to help prevent unauthorized access to our network, and Citibank monitors these firewalls to prevent security breaches.