Citi Global Transfers
Move your money to other Citi accounts around the world instantly and securely with Citi Global Money Transfers, making international banking simpler, at home and overseas.
Important changes to CGT destinations
Czech Republic: Citibank Czech Republic has been sold to Raiffeisenbank, therefore from 28th February 2016 CGTs to Citbank Czech Republic will no longer be possible.
India: Due to a change in policy from Citibank India, effective from 1st February 2016 you can no longer make a CGT to a Citibank India domestic (Savings) account. CGTs to Non-Resident Indian (NRI) accounts are not affected by this change in policy. If you are unsure whether you are paying into a domestic or NRI account, please check with the recipient account holder.
Japan: Citi Japan has been sold to Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation (SMBC) therefore from 1st November 2015 clients will only be able to transfer money through this service if the Citibank account in Japan was opened prior to this date
You can still transfer money quickly and conveniently to accounts in India or the Czech Republic via an International SWIFT funds transfer. Please note a fee may be charged for each transfer. For more detailed information on fees see our SWIFT fund transfers page.
How it works
- Citi Global Transfers are available to these destinations worldwide.
- Available via Citi Online or Citi UK Mobile app
- If the transfer is made across currencies, a Citi exchange rate will be applied.
- You can send up to £50,000 in Sterling or currency equivalent across borders everyday (subject to individual country laws and country limits).
- Funds are debited from your global account immediately and available to use in the recipient's account straight away.
Did you know
- If you hold Citi global accounts in more than one country, Citi Global Money Transfers are the easy way to manage your money across borders.
- If you need to send funds to a country not served by Citi Global Transfers, use our SWIFT funds transfer service instead.
Become a Citi customer: Choose the right level of international banking service to suit your lifestyle with our Citi Current Accounts
- Hong Kong
- India* (selected locations)
- Korea (Republic of)
- US (selected locations)
*Changes affecting Citibank Global Transfers (CGT) to India: Due to a change in policy from Citibank India, effective from 1st February 2016 you can no longer make a CGT to a Citibank India domestic (Savings) account. CGTs to Non-Resident Indian (NRI) accounts are not affected by this change in policy. Read more
Citi clients click here to learn about making an overseas fund transfer within Citibank.